4 DAYS OF ADVENTURE IN THE MOUNTAINS!
Celebrate Mountain Adventure this Australia Day Weekend at Dinner Plain. The ultimate experience for those who love the mountains, the Dinner Plain Mountain Adventure Festival brings together the best in activities and mountain culture.
From January 23 to 26, Dinner Plain Alpine Village offers a range of free and paid mountain experiences, Book your place now!
EXCLUSIVE BRIGHT MOUNTAIN FILM TOUR SCREENING
Enjoy a FREE outdoor cinema screening of the Bright Mountain Film Tour on the grassy slopes of Dinner Plain's ski area.
- 8:30pm – Bar & Snacks open
- 9:30pm – Cinema Commences
- 10:15pm – Intermission
- 11:00pm - Cinema Concludes
The Bright Mountain Film Tour (BMFT) is a celebration of mountain culture and those who embrace it. In the idyllic setting of the Cobungra Platter, the best adventure films from around the world are showcased amongst the alpine air of Dinner Plain.
Cafe Play at Scrubber's Hut will be open all night with BBQ, snacks and drinks so all you need is your picnic rug and the whole family.
RAZORBACK SHUTTLE BUS - Sunday January 24
Mount Feathertop is Victoria’s second highest mountain peak and most spectacular hike! Conquer this icon of Australia as a self-guided hike with a free shuttle bus to and from the trailhead, 15km out of Dinner Plain. Achieve the ultimate this Australia Day Long Weekend by conquering Feathertop!
Free Shuttle Transfer Times
- 7:30am – First shuttle departs (Dinner Plain to Razorback)
- 8:30am – Second shuttle departs (Dinner Plain to Razorback)
- 9:30am – Third (final) shuttle departs (Dinner Plain to Razorback)
- 3:00pm – First return shuttle departs (Razorback to Dinner Plain)
- 4:00pm – Second return shuttle departs (Razorback to Dinner Plain)
- 5:00pm – Third return shuttle departs (Razorback to Dinner Plain)
- 6:00pm – Fourth (final) return shuttle departs (Razorback to Dinner Plain)
Pre-book your free shuttle to secure your place, then get planning to make sure you are fully prepared to take on the trek. Hiking Feathertop is a self-guided experience* along a 22km return route with over 900m total climbing. You will need to be fully prepared with adequate water, food sunscreen and any other supplies needed for the 7-8 hour hike.
*Hiking the Razorback Trail to Mount Feathertop is a self-guided walk and Dinner Plain Alpine Village is providing shuttle services to the commencement point only. This is not a facilitated activity and participation is at your own risk and liability. Make sure you have prepared for the hike accordingly.
Register Online Now
4 DAYS OF MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
Experience Mountain Adventure with a range of activities to book and enjoy across the 4 day long weekend holiday.
Booked Tours & Activities
- Adventure Guides Australia - Abseiling Tours
Join an incredible abseiling instructional tour on Precipice Plain with qualified professional guides
- Bright Mountain Bike – MTB Skills Clinics
One on one or group MTB skills clinics, run by qualified mountain bike instructors
- Mountainside by Charlie Brown – Photography Workshops
Group Photography Workshops including a sunset shoot of Mt Hotham and Mt Feathertop
- Albury Wodonga Orienteering Club – Dinner Plain Orienteering Challenge (Free)
Collect an orienteering map from Dinner Plain Hut to take part in this free rogaining challenge
- Howling Huskies – Meet Dinner Plain’s Sled Dogs (Free)
Meet Dinner Plain's famous huskies at Crisps Hut to get up close and personal with these mountain favourites (Saturday Only)
- Mountainside by Charlie Brown - Photography Gallery
Browse professional photography works from Mt Hotham and Dinner Plain at Crisp's Hut